Tips for Fundraising
- Donate to yourself first! When your friends, family and co-workers see your commitment, they will know how important this cause is to you and will support you too!
- We encourage you to make donations online, however, sometimes it is more convenient to fundraise in person. Pledge forms can be printed here or you can have one mailed to you by calling 1.888.851.7376.
Asking for Donations
We recognize that support comes in all different ways. Don’t forget, people donate and show their support because they care about YOU and they care about YOUR cause, YOUR fight, YOUR passion. This year, more than ever before, it’s up to YOU to show your community that you walk to support the fight against Parkinson’s.
- Online giving is fast, easy and secure! It’s one of your best resources for fundraising
- Let donors know who you’re walking for this September by updating your photo and story on your personal page. This will help your supporters see the value of their donation. Remember, they are donating because they care about YOU and your connection to Parkinson’s.
- Include a message about the walk with a link to your personal donation page in your email signature
- Start a challenge with family, friends and co-workers by asking 10 people to each ask 5 other people to give a gift of $20, this can easily add up to $1,000 total!
- Ask your workplace to support your walk! Consider asking them for a corporate sponsorship or a personal donation! Some employers even have a program where they will match donations made. Check with your HR department! If none of those work, consider asking your workplace to put together a team for the walk, or invite your co-workers to walk as part of your team!
- Share the link to your personal page on social media! Make sure you share a little about why you’re walking and include the hashtag #WalkforPD
- Consider using social media to fundraise for your walk! Post the link to your personal page on Facebook by using the 'Share' buttons on your personal walk fundraising page. Don't forget to tell people why you’re looking for support in the 'Say something about this...' section of your post.
- Send a “missing you” email to your family. Update them on why you will be walking in September, and provide them with a link to your personal donation page.
- Create a fun challenge between family and friends! See who can be the best dressed in a selfie or raise the most support or who can walk the furthest! You don’t have to walk together physically to still have fun!